NIFT 2018 Introduction:
- About: NIFT is providing the knowledge in Fashion Education and improvise the creative skills for more than 30 years. Basically NIFT focus in the area of design, development and positioning of handlooms and handicrafts.
- Authority: National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) provides education to students with the foundation in fashion technology and management. It was founded in the year 1986 by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
- Establishment: NIFT 2018, a premier institute of design, management and technology has been playing a crucial role in benchmarking performances and processes in the area of fashion education, research, and development, training and consultancy.
- Mode and Number of seats: The pen and paper-based NIFT 2018 admission test will be held for admissions to a total of 2,370 seats across Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) programmes.
- Admission-Seeking Candidates: Candidates seeking admissions to NIFT 2018 B.Des programme have to appear for Creative Ability Test (CAT) as well as General Ability Test (GAT).
- Details: Students interested in appearing for NIFT entrance test can check complete details including admit card, dates, seat matrix, application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and result on this page.
NIFT 2018 – Important Details:
|Exam Name||National Institute Of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
|Popularly known as||NIFT Entrance Exam|
|Exam type||Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG)
|Exam Date||21st January 2018|
|Total seats||2,370 seats|
|Participating institutes||16 NIFT campuses|
|Application Fee||INR 1500 for General/OBC and INR 750 for SC/ST/PHP|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
NIFT 2018 – Courses Offered:
NIFT Undergraduate Courses:
- B.Des.(Fashion Design)
- B.Des.(Leather Design)
- B.Des.(Accessory Design)
- B.Des.(Textile Design)
- B.Des.(Knitwear Design)
- B.Des.(Fashion Communication)
- B.FTech.(Apparel Production)
NIFT Post-Graduate Courses:
- Master of Design (M.Des) – DesignSpace
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
- Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
NIFT 2018 – Important Dates:
- Application Form: NIFT exam 2018 Application Form will be available from 20th October 2017 to 29th December 2017.
- Examination: The candidates can get the NIFT Exam will be conducted on 21st January 2018.
- Result Date: Candidate can view there NIFT 2018 results from 22nd March 2018 onwards.
- Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview: After the result get declared, selected candidates will have to appear for Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview.
- Click Here to know more about the NIFT 2018 Important Dates.
NIFT 2018 – Eligibility Criteria:
- Eligibility: Students have to satisfy the norms and conditions to be eligible for NIFT 2018. The eligibility criteria for Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) courses are different.
- Age Limit: Age limit for UG courses is 23 years and there is no age limit for PG course of NIFT 2018 to eligible for NIFT 2018.
- Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses: For NIFT 2018 UG programmes candidates need to clear there 10+2 from the Central or State Board of examination.
- Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses: For NIFT 2018 PG courses candidate need to have minimum 3 years of an undergraduate degree.
- Click Here to know more about the Eligibility Criteria of NIFT 2018.
NIFT 2018 – Application Form:
- Registration: The candidates can get the NIFT 2018 application form from 20th December 2018.
- Last Date to Register: Candidates can register themselves till 29th December 2017 without any late fees. They need to complete the NIFT 2018 Application Process before the last date of submission.
- Application Form Filling Mode: Candidate will have an option to fill NIFT 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Payment Method: For NIFT 2018 Application Form candidate will have an option to pay application form fees via online and offline both (via Demand Draft).
- Click Here to know more about the application form of the NIFT 2018 exam.
NIFT 2018 Admit Card:
- Admit Card Availability: Candidates can download NIFT 2018 Admit Card from the official website.
- Admit Card Releasing Date: Candidate can take the print-out of the admit card from 9th January 2018 onwards.
- Details Required: Candidates should have to enter Application Number, Date of Birth, and Email ID to download the NIFT admit card.
- Details Contain: NIFT Admit Card contains the details such as candidates name, roll number, application number, exam centre, exam timing, uploaded photograph and signature of the candidate
- Click Here to know more about the NIFT admit card.
NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Bachelor of Design Weightage: There will be 50% weightage of CAT test, 30% weightage of GAT test and 20% weightage of Situation test.
- Master of Design Weightage: There will be 40% weightage of CAT test, 30% weightage of GAT test and 30% weightage of GD/PI.
- Papers: For B.Des and M.Des, two written exams will be conducted i.e. GAT & CAT whereas for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech only GAT will be conducted.
- Marking Scheme: There will not be any negative mark for any wrong answer.
- Click Here to know more about the exam pattern of the NIFT 2018 exam.
NIFT 2018 Exam Syllabus:
- B.Des & M.Des Courses: NIFT syllabus for General Ability Test (GAT) comprises of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs for B.Des & M.Des courses.
- GAT Syllabus: The syllabus of GAT for B.F.Tech, MFM, M.F.Tech will consist of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability & English Comprehension, Analytical & Logical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs & Case Study.
- GD/PI: Candidate needs to prepare for Group Discussion and Personal Interview after the NIFT 2018 Exam for Counselling Purpose.
- Previous Year Paper: To analyse the NIFT exam 2018 pattern candidate need to see the previous year question paper in NIFT exam.
- Click Here to know more about the syllabus of the NIFT 2018 exam.
NIFT 2018 Results:
- Result Date: Candidate can view there result from the official website of NIFT. Candidate can download the NIFT Entrance Exam result from 22nd March 2018 onwards.
- Final Result: NIFT exam 2018 final result after GD and PI will be available to download from End of May / June via online.
- Cut off: NIFT 2018 Cut off will be released after the declaration of result. It will be announced in the month of April 2018. On the basis of cut off marks, students will get admission in various colleges.
- NOTE: Candidate should note that there will be separate notice or hard copy of result will be sent to the candidate’s postal address. The result will be available to download only from the NIFT official website.
- Click Here to know more about the NIFT exam 2018 results.
NIFT 2018 Counselling:
- Counselling Registration Date: The counselling Registration has started from 28th May and the last date to register is 04th June 2018.
- Counselling Date: After getting the result of the NIFT exam 2018, candidates can go through the counselling process in the month of June on 7th.
- Counselling Fee: There will no registration fee for the first counselling. For further rounds, candidates have to pay the Rs. 5000/- as a counselling fee.
- Counselling Schedule: All the details such as counselling date and seat allotment result will be available on the official website of NIFT 2018 Counselling.
- Documents Required: Candidate needs to carry all the original certificate while the time of NIFT exam 2018 counselling.
- Click Here to know more about the Counseling Process of NIFT 2018 examination.
Reservation of Seats:
|Category of the student’s||Percentage of the reserved seats in NIFT
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)**|
|Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI||15% (supernumerary)*|
|Differently Abled Person (PHP)||3%
- Foreign Students: *15% of the NRI supernumerary seats are reserved for the foreign national students at various centres of NIFT like Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, and RareBali.
- NRI: 5 seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals and NRI at NIFT, who are citizens of India and hold an Indian passport but have temporarily migrated to another country for the past 6 months or more for work, residence or any other purpose.
Best NIFT Campuses in India (Rank Wise)
State Domicile Category:
NIFT provides for 6 supernumerary seats i.e. 20% seats in addition to the 30 seats are reserved for the candidates who belong to the following states:
- Document: To avail a seat in this category, the candidates need to submit a certificate from the respective school/college.
- Distance Learning: For Distance Learning candidates, the domicile status would be determined by the State of the regular school which he/she has regularly attended.
- Category: Candidates would have the option to take admission under General/SC/ST/OBC category as per merit in any course/campus of their preference, irrespective of their state of domicile.
Contact Information for NIFT exam 2018:
Adress: NIFT Head Office, NIFT Campus,
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park,
New Delhi – 110 016,
Telephone number: +91-11-26542000, Fax: +91-11-26535890,